Turbine Preliminary Design & Performance Analysis
PerAero is the developer of the innovative turbine design & analysis software called Aeolus. This two-part system is composed of a preliminary design tool coupled with a rigorous meanline performance analysis. For the past 8 years, Aeolus has been used to design & evaluate various types of axial turbines, ranging from small waste heat expanders to large power generation units (see “Projects” page).
Many of these client applications required demanding capabilities:
– hub & tip analysis (via reduced-order radial equilibrium) for more accurate leakage & axial thrust
– supersonic converging-diverging nozzles (including drilled)
– partial admission, Curtis stages
– extractions/inductions/double flow stages
– real gas mixtures (NIST) and wet steam (ASME ’97)